Our dog trainer services focus on relationships and teamwork. We work with you and your dog to find the best training solutions for your whole family. Dog training services include:
- basic manners, leash manners
- new puppy or new adult dog
- enrichment plans
- private AKC Canine Good Citizen evaluaitons
All in-person services adhered to social distancing, face-masks are required, and all Covid protocols are followed. Trainers monitor body temperatures daily. Most training sessions can be completed virtually upon request. Zoom and Facetime FTW!
VIRTUAL Dog Training
Our online dog training courses and virtual presentations, bring the dog to you. No pants required!
If you haven’t noticed, we happen to be in a bit of a pandemic. As we all adapt to this new normal, we’ve embraced new training methods. But don’t be fooled; online training is more convenient for you and less stressful for your dog.
Our first course, “Good Dog! Basic Manners” is packed with content:
- Basic manners for adult dogs, such as sit, down, and leave it
- Tips and tricks to keep your dog busy while working or away (enrichment skills)
- Help socializing with other dogs and humans, by improving judgment and control
- Handling skills to help manage vet visits
We can also present educational programs focused on Dog Awareness™ or Pet First Aid/ CPR in your home, office, or school.
Jen has the experience and knowledge to tailor a training and behavioral modification program for many behavior problems that occur such as:
- “aggression” toward people or other animals
- keeping kids and babies safe around your dog
- resource guarding
- household behavior problems
- anxious, or fearful behaviors
- compulsive behaviors like excessive licking, light chasing, tail chasing, etc.
- preparing your home for life with a new baby
* We do not address separation-related behaviors but we can recommend a specialist.
Service dog Training
Good Human Dog Training provides the skills to train your own eligible dog to support you using modern, scientifically sound, and positive training methods.
- item retrieval
- light mobility assistance (non-weight-bearing)
- hearing assistance
- medical response
- psychiatric and PTSD-related tasks
- tasks relating to your specific disability